RSS Feed Print
Question about posting book for review
ChuckB
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:04 PM

I've got a book up at Amazon's Kindle. According to the contract, I can upload or download or whatever it's called the book anywhere I choose. It isn't restricted to their site. It's had a very modest - extremely modest - number of sales. Considering it's buried well over 100K down in their list, I'm amazed anyone found it. That's beside the point.

Would it be kosher to upload a few chapters or the entire book here for review? It's crime/paranormal involving a serial killer, dead for 30 years, who returns and begins killing again. The method sounds like a vampire, but isn't as is discovered much later in the novel.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 11:38 AM

Hi Chuck--Welcome to Book Country! So glad you found your way to us.

Yes, you can definitely upload as much of your book as you like here to share on Book Country. Lots of our members do that, and it's a great way to get feedback from readers.

Let me know if you need help with the upload. Looking forward to checking out your work!

Lucy 

ChuckB
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:31 AM

Okay, I *think* I've got the book uploaded.

Thomas Moody, by Charles J. Barone

It's crime with a supernatural twist. I had fun writing it. It's the only book I've written that I actually looked forward to getting busy on each day.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:59 AM

Hi Chuck--it looks like the book can't be posted yet because you haven't yet reviewed another member's writing. You might try checking out our featured manuscripts if you are looking for something to review.

You can also email me at support@BookCountry.com if you need more help!

Lucy

ChuckB
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Ahh, yes.... one should learn to read instructions. I went back and found the review requirement. Choosing one now.

Jump to different Forum...