RSS Feed Print
Writing Paranormal
JoAnne Myers
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 5:20 PM

WRITING PARANORMAL

When it comes to fiction writing, almost anything goes. That is why I love writing paranormal and fantasy stories. The author can go completely over the edge and make something unbelievable seem believable. When it comes to ghost stories, I get a lot of my inspiration from real life experiences. Not necessarily my own either. I watch television programs that partake of the supernatural and paranormal flare. Programs from ordinary people who claim they experienced either an afterlife experience, or a haunting.

Some of my stories from my upcoming release “Wicked Intentions” is based on actual hauntings. Some stories I read about in the newspaper, and others I watched on true life experience programs. So the next time you get “writer’s block” try switching on the television. You might find something to jolt your inspiration.

ChuckB
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:24 PM

My favorite type of writing for the very reason you mentioned. There are no boundaries. I do crime but always with a paranormal twist. Each case my private detective investigates can be totally different and nobody can say I'm wrong. I do try not to go totally overboard however.

Right now, waiting for GhostHunters to return on Syfy for their 10th and, I'm told, possibly last season.

M. K. Romesser
Posted: Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:44 PM

I love the paranormal. I grew up reading R. L. Stine and Stephen King. My shelves are filled with the inspiration of may great authors who came before me. I look forward to learning even more here.
ChuckB
Posted: Monday, August 4, 2014 8:11 PM

My favorite was H P Lovecraft. I liked the early Stephen King works, and I really enjoy Dean Koontz, who often slips paranormal into his work.
Aira Philipps
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:27 PM

My love has always, but always been myth, and my life long adoration of Joseph Campbell. What my bookcases full of these reference books do not offer is a lively twist. For that I watch Ancient Aliens. Many times I'll watch and go, "Hmmm." Other days I'm laughing so hard I can't finish watching it. Myth however is full of creatures barely touched on in the book world, everyone is trying too hard to re-do something done to death. Yes it's full of conspiracy ideology, but that is what makes it fun, and a well of information! The myth part is factual, the other is fantasy waiting to be born! If nothing else, watch it to see how many ways Giorgio Tsoukalos can make his hair bizarre.

Jump to different Forum...