RSS Feed Print
To blog or not to blog -- that is the question!
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Sunday, October 6, 2013 11:32 PM

Joanna Penn, one of the most influential people online when it comes to book marketing (=you should be reading her blog on a regular basis), has written about blogging as a book marketing tool and the 3 reasons to have a blog & the 3 reasons not to. How do her points apply to you? Where do you stand? Have at it!

Nevena

BC Coordinator

Lucy Silag
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:48 PM

I had a blog for a while, and I loved doing it, but it was SO much work. It was not sustainable! And it distracted me from writing my "real" work.

What has it been like for others?

What about Tumblr?

Ian Nathaniel Cohen
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:48 PM
I just started a blog a couple of weeks ago, dedicated to reviewing older movies or more obscure modern ones (although I'll review other stuff eventually).  It's been a project I've wanted to do for a long time, but it wasn't until recently I found a site to host it on.  I think it could help, given that most of my works are historical adventure swashbucklers inspired by classic films, these films are going to make their way onto my blog.  So while it doesn't directly have much to do with my fiction writing, it does give me a new writing project to work on for every review and hopefully gives me some credibility as a swashbuckling fiction enthusiast.

--edited by Ian Nathaniel Cohen on 11/12/2013, 4:49 PM--

Jump to different Forum...