RSS Feed Print
Who would play your main character(s) on the big screen?
Michelle Mills
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:57 PM

I'm feeling dramatic -- want to join me in some fun? Share your short and/or long pitch here, and then tell us who should play your main character(s) on the big screen. (Hollywood or global actors/actresses)

SHORT PITCH:

Reeling from grief and betrayal, Emily decides to rebuild her life in Willow Lake, unleashing chilling secrets of murder, passion and revenge.

LONG PITCH:

The Deviants, British Columbia's most notorious gang, have been hired to kill Matthew Bryden. All evidence points to a clean and successful hit -- but was it really? Enter Hatch, a skilled undercover cop who is slowly infiltrating the Deviants. Will he maintain his guard and focus on his mission, even after his heart gets involved?

Emily is devastated when her childhood friend, Matthew ominously disappears. After a subsequent betrayal,she decides to rebuild her life in Willow Lake at the manor home she inherits from her late grandmother, Lillian, who was a femme fatal actress in the 1940’s. She soon discovers it isn't the sanctuary she hoped for.

Judy Flynn, raised in a trailer, was dealt a poor hand from the start, but the worst is yet to come after her brother, Russ, becomes a member of the Deviants. To complicate things, Judy begins to fall for Hatch, whose mission is to shatter everything she holds dear.

As evil events unfold, Emily and Judy’s lives are endangered while seeking the truth, and it rapidly becomes clear that not everything is as it seems, and not everyone is who they pretend to be.

STARRING:
Leighton Meester as Emily
Ryan Gosling as Matthew
Helen Mirren as Lillian
Kirsten Dunst as Judy
Ryan Reynolds as Hatch (undercover cop/Judy's love interest)

Can't wait to read yours!! Smile

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 4:05 PM

Hi Michelle -

I'm going to move this Discussion over to the Character Development thread in Craft. Nobody will see it over here! =)

Colleen
Michelle Mills
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 4:59 PM

Thanks so much, Colleen!
Marcie
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:44 PM

Hi Michelle,

What a fun idea. Here is my pitch and cast list...

Short pitch
Bethany Harbinger might have enjoyed romantic attention from Toronto's most eligible bachelor...if his family weren't trying to kill her.

Long pitch
Bethany Harbinger was just your average nobody until August Barrett, Toronto's most eligible bachelor, took an interest in her. When Bethany happens upon an unmailed letter informing a man of a son he's fathered, members of the wealthy and powerful Barrett family suspect she knows more than she does. And they're not taking any chances. In a race across Ontario, Bethany doesn't know who to trust as she learns to separate truth from fiction, coincidence from fate, destiny from love. Can she figure out enough to save her own skin? And what about August Barrett—is his romantic attention genuine, or is he just another weapon in the family's extensive arsenal?

Cast:
Bethany (heroine) - Brea Grant
August (hero) - Matt Barr
Rachel (Bethany's BFF) - Natalie Portman
Miriam (antagonist, August's mother) - Kristin Carey
Edward (August's father) - Jamie Bamber
Angela (Bethany's co-worker) - Kim Kardashian

SusanElizabeth
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:23 AM

This is so funny because when I first started writing my story, I spent a day going through IMDB and finding the "perfect" actors and then I made my own movie poster which I pull out when I need a jumpstart.
Michelle Mills
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:08 AM

Susan,

A movie poster is an EXCELLENT idea! What a fantastic way to motivate yourself!

Michelle
Katherine Webber
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:01 AM

Michelle this is SO fun! I'll have to think about it and then post mine. I have a few ideas (I definitely need Cate Blanchett as the queen of the water guardians) but still not sure for my main characters.

Now I want to go re-read Willow Lake Manor and picture the characters as the actors you picked out
Michelle Mills
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:25 PM

Cate Blanchett is a fabulous choice for Queen of the Water Guardians!! She's one of my favourite actresses. Please post when you've thought on it some more -- I'd love to know!

Jump to different Forum...