RSS Feed Print
Choose the best romance book of 2012!
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 2:19 PM

What is, in your opinion, the best romance book of 2012, and why? In particular, what aspect of the work (e.g., style, chemistry between the hero and heroine, character development) did you enjoy the most and would like to emulate in your own writing?

Okay, I’ll start: I really liked Tiffany Reisz’s erotic romance The Siren, as I felt it presented an alternative to the 50 Shades phenomenon. While the success of E. L. James’s trilogy made certain taboo subjects more mainstream, I think that The Siren is more tastefully written, with more complexly drawn characters and narrative arc.  To me, The Siren proves that plot doesn’t have to be subservient to the x-rated content, but is just as important!

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 2:43 PM

BUMP! (I can't really answer this as I have read ZERO romance this year. )

Meghan
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:36 AM

I liked Hopeless by Colleen Hoover – it’s more young adult with romance spin.  It renewed my beliefs about soul mates.  I also enjoyed On the Edge of Never by JA Redmerski. The main character is not your typical hero, which is why I think it was so good. 

NoellePierce
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 8:07 AM

Just ONE? I may have to go back and look to see what books actually came out in 2012, because I'm so far behind in my TBR list that my favorites were probably published in 2009 or something. 

As a historical romance junkie, I always find Tessa Dare's books stand out. And I really, REALLY can't pick a favorite of hers. 

For erotic romance, Roni Loren is one of my favorites. And she had at least one come out this past year: FALL INTO YOU. However, if MELT INTO YOU came out in 2012, that one gets my vote of favorite.

Um...that's all I got right now, without looking at the publication dates. 

Jump to different Forum...