RSS Feed Print
Have a new romance project to workshop on Book Country? Need readers? Share here!
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:10 PM

Hey Tricia--Welcome to Book Country! Just sent you a connection request. Love the title of your book!
DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2015 4:18 AM

Woo, I found the right forum!  Thank you for having this started.

I went ahead and did it. I put my Paranormal-Romance up. The whole thing is there like a new penny.

It's The Bay Laurel Tree, and I would really appreciate some eyeballs on it.  Thanks in advance!  

-DRW-

DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2015 6:41 PM

I'm looking forward to doing some reading this weekend.  This computer isn't letting me read anything.    I think it's great to have a booze theme   Gotta have Rum in New Orleans right?

I'm good with slow reads and feedback, we're all busy balancing reading/writing/work.  My own responses are a little slowish too but will get there.    I'm delighted to make contacts! 

Emma Burnside
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 1:22 PM

I need to get on these forums more!  I just discovered this thread.  There are some works that I will add to my "to read" pile.  I'd also appreciate any feedback on my paranormal romance, The Scarlet Tide.  It is a ghost story set in a small Ohio town.  Our heroine, a computer app designer, has just moved to town and is told that her newly-bought house is haunted.  The man who tells her this is the local bookseller, who has a past with the heroine's family that goes back two hundred years.
SueHart
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2015 11:58 PM

I would love to trade reads.  'Evidence: Past-Life Memories', is a romance/fiction. It was called, Memories, but the shelves were stocked with that title, but for that matter, so is my name. If you decide to trade with me, you can read the pitch by the book, but basically, it's about a doctor who invented a machine that can give you memories from your past-life.  This is the first book of four I'm madly editing.  I'm looking to create strong characters, memorable ones. Thanks, just give me a nudge.
hmjmdeleon
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:26 AM

Hi Sue, your book sounds interesting. I'll try to check it out tomorrow when I have a little time to read. I'll message you when I've done a review
Jamie Lynn Boothe
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2015 9:29 PM

Hello and thank you for the thread!! I have a short story collection that I would love to have some reviews on. The collection is titled Timeless Hope. There are five short stories that are romantic and/or uplifting. There is no sex or vulgarity. I wrote these based on poetry I have written and for all ages from teens on up. If you read I hope you enjoy! Thank you  

http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=8281

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Sunday, September 6, 2015 3:02 PM

Hello Readers!

I just work-shopped another book titled Waterfall. I have been working on this little manuscript for a while and it needs quite a bit of work. Looking for honest, insightful opinions,

Our leading lady is a recovering alcoholic who has lost everything. She makes a journey to self-awareness with the help of family and friends. This is a topic close to my family and very touchy to some. I think the message will be powerful, that any addiction can be overcome with support and hard work.

Thanks!

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2015 8:51 PM

Just posted a revised edition of When Demons Hide. I did some editing on chapters 1-2. Take a peek if you can.
DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2015 12:42 AM

Hello!  I put up a new workshop book just in time for Halloween!  I hope people will read it for kicks and give me some feedbacks.  It's Romantic Erotica bordering on Erotica (it might be a little overly naughty--just so you know.)  

The Story - An Angel and an Owl

Mostly I hope people will read it just to enjoy it but--you know, as with workshopped books, I need help to improve and not keep making the same mistakes.  Anything people might offer would be great. 

Thanks so much!

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 8:33 AM

Happy Saturday!

I have a new version of When Demons Hide up as I am working on it through the Buddy Program (which I highly recommend). If anyone cares to stop by and share an opinion, please do so! I hope my buddy and I have made some improvements. It's a romantic suspense because there are some wild things going on as far as the heroine's past.

I do have a question about it. The book alternates between POV of the 2 main characters. I originally titled alternating chapter with the characters' names so you knew right off who was narrating. Someone made a comment on my first draft about it so I changed it to add a word or two. Since then I have read a couple of books (by famous and not so famous authors) where the chapters were titled by characters names only like my first version. I'm looking for opinions as to which way to go.

Emma Burnside
Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:09 PM

hmjmdeleon wrote:

Happy Saturday!

I have a new version of When Demons Hide up as I am working on it through the Buddy Program (which I highly recommend). If anyone cares to stop by and share an opinion, please do so! I hope my buddy and I have made some improvements. It's a romantic suspense because there are some wild things going on as far as the heroine's past.

I do have a question about it. The book alternates between POV of the 2 main characters. I originally titled alternating chapter with the characters' names so you knew right off who was narrating. Someone made a comment on my first draft about it so I changed it to add a word or two. Since then I have read a couple of books (by famous and not so famous authors) where the chapters were titled by characters names only like my first version. I'm looking for opinions as to which way to go.

I haven't read your manuscript yet (I have a huge amount of work reading to do this month, so my apologies), but I did glance at the chapter headings.  I think it was fine just using the name of the POV character, as this is fairly common.  The little bit added seems unnecessary.  Books for adults rarely have these sorts of chapter titles in them, and they need a lot of thought behind them so that they don't come across as silly, precious, or juvenile (not a comment on yours; just a general observation).  It also detracts from letting your story tell itself.

--edited by Emma Burnside on 11/4/2015, 7:10 PM--

Jump to different Forum...