RSS Feed Print
Removal of Publication packages
Allen Curtis Meissner
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 8:05 PM

It has come to my attention ( and perhaps to your's as well ) that Book Country has decided to remove all publication packages effective the 30th of this month . I wish to express complete and utter contempt and objection to such a move . How can such a decision be made ? ? ? Don't say it was a difficult decision not made lightly ! People like me need these packages since people like me can not hope to otherwise be published . The self publishing programs are the greatest thing I have ever had to work with . I am hopeful that I am not the only one who objects to this motion . Consider this a formal protest . Please reconsider your decision !
Charles J. Barone
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 9:15 PM

I agree. I've only got one book published with Book Country. I'm roughly halfway through another that I planned to put on their site. Guess that isn't going to happen now.

Just as upsetting to me is losing the review section, which was a huge help with my novel.

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 9:40 PM

Book Country has officially died. I'm going to close my account here, as much as it pains me to do it.

I joined Book Country to get feedback on my work. That is no longer an option, as the email I received states. There is no point for me to be here any longer, then.

For those who would like to connect with me away from this site, you can find me at: www.scribophile.com (simply copy and paste the link into your browser's search engine and it will direct you to the site).

My user name there is Amber J. Wolfe, the same as my one here at Book Country. PM me if you join.

It is a place to get feedback on your writing and is much more enhanced than Book Country's review system could ever hope to achieve. Joining is free, though there is a premium package you can buy if you'd like to.

Goodbye, Book Country! It was fun while it lasted.

Jump to different Forum...