RSS Feed Print
Should she say yes or no?
JFSurvivor
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2015 5:36 PM

So I have a part in my story where a prince asks a peasant to the ball. She can either say "yes" or "no". If she says yes well then yay. If she says no she will probably be saying no because she would feel out of place if she were to go to this said ball. So the prince, in order to ease her concerns says "then marry me" His logic is that by her marrying  him she will have a place so she would be more comfortable at the ball. Is it extreme? Yes. but Edric is very impulsive. 

Which route do you think I should take?

Mimi Speike
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2015 9:21 PM

Every idea is both a potentially good idea and a bad one. It all depends on what you do with it. This question is impossible to answer until we see something solid.
JFSurvivor
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2015 9:23 PM

Should I just write out both and see which one is better?
Mimi Speike
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2015 11:20 PM

I think that would be helpful. You may have the touch to bring off whatever you choose to attack. I just saw the admiring review you got on Faux Editors. With a skillful sense of humor, which you apparently have - I love that approach - you can get away with a lot. I am definitely going to read your work.

JFSurvivor
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 9:34 AM

Oh wow! Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!
Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:54 PM

This might sound weird to you, but let your character decide which path to take. A lot of  times I tried to wrestle my characters into compliance about something, and the scene goes flat. Only after I let the characters and their personalities have free reign does the scene connect the way it should. It might not have been the way I wanted, but I don't regret the way it turned out.

Let your characters guide you through the story. Keep them on the path of the plot, to be sure, but let them guide you through all the fun/scary stuff that happens.

Amber

JFSurvivor
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:03 PM

Hmm...strangely that makes sense...Thanks!

--edited by JFSurvivor on 10/6/2015, 3:03 PM--

Jump to different Forum...