RSS Feed Print
Dear, dear Authonomites
Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2015 7:56 PM

I am so very happy to meet you. I have no idea why few old members are engaging with you. Are they, perhaps, overwhelmed? Do me a favor, give us a chance. If you decide to move on, let me know where you go. I don't plan to abandon Book Country, but I want in on your action as well. Make up a list of your wants for Lucy. Try it, hey?

Muninn
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:24 AM

How kind Mimi! I'm finding the forums a bit of a struggle but other than that BC is interesting. My fellow Authonomites are experimenting with various possible 'new homes' at the moment, it's all very exciting/tiring.

--edited by Muninn on 8/25/2015, 8:26 AM--

A.J. Helms
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:39 AM

Hi Mimi, thank you for reaching out to us. We're all a little lost at the moment, so we appreciate your welcoming us to the community.

We'll try to let you know where we land eventually, though some of us may stick around here anyways. If nothing else, one more place to network and make connections can help us all improve our craft. We'll certainly keep you and the other kind, welcoming personalities here in mind, so thank you again!

katie78
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:32 AM

thanks mimi. lucy has been awesome. have you noticed many technical updates to the site since you've been a member?
lilmerlin
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:39 PM

Hello Mimi, thank you for reaching out! It is all so new and confusing - and a bit frustrating too. A lot of wondering and searching instead of writing...
Mandy Lee
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:26 PM

Hi again Mimi,

No matter where the Authonomites end up as a community, I'll be staying on Book Country as well.  There are lots of things about this site that I really like.  The problem with being on two sites is having too many books to read and critique.  That really eats into writing time, but I'll try to manage it better!  Hope all is well with you.

Mandy

Mimi Speike
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:30 PM

Katie, there have been new abilities added, and they are very good. We have lost a few features also, unfortunately. We used to be able to follow folks, and see instantly what they'd been up to.We could follow discussions also, all in one row at the top of the page. So easy!

Mandy, yes, being on several sites does present difficulties with reviews. I have stopped reviewing on another site, I was usually the odd voice against a submission when most everyone else loved it. So I decided to do them a favor and bow out. I do owe reviews to a few from here who have gone on to publish. I have that hanging over my head.

lilmerlin, I'll take a guess and say you write wizards and dragons. Am I right?

To everyone, it is so lovely to have you here. I hope we get to know each other much much better.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 8/26/2015, 10:32 PM--

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:23 AM
Here, here! I second what Mimi said
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:41 PM

Thanks, Amber + Mimi, for being the welcome committee!

Just FYI that you can follow discussion on Book Country--that's what the top right corner of your logged in homepage is for, next to your newsfeed.

Another convention on Book Country that will help us get to know the new members coming from Authonomy is to start your own thread to introduce yourself--makes it easier for BC members to learn more about you and to say hello directly to you. It's kind of like walking into a party--if you see a large group of friends all talking to one another, it can be hard to jump in. But if one turns around and sticks out their hand to introduce themselves, it magically becomes easier to start getting to know the whole group.

On each of the genre forums there is a thread for adding a new project that needs reviews--be sure and chime in to yours when you upload a new project!

Jump to different Forum...