RSS Feed Print
New Member(2)
Jamie Lynn Boothe
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 9:57 PM

Hello to all of you happy I'm Jamie Lynn Boothe and I am BRAND new!! lol. I'm new here, but totally new to writing. A friend told me about the site so I thought I would check it out. I am currently working on a short story collection that is almost finished and I am hoping to have it published soon. I hope to meet some new people on here and hopefully learn more and get my name out there as well of course. I hope you to hear from some of you! happy
Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2015 3:39 AM

Hi, Jamie! Welcome to Book Country

It's great you've introduced yourself. Pop me a Connections Request if you'd like.

I'm sure you'll find Book Country a place where you can connect with other like-minded writers/readers and make new friends!

Good luck on your journey of learning Craft.

Amber

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2015 10:43 AM

Welcome to the community, Jamie! Holler if you have any questions. 

Here are some links you may find useful as a brand new member: 

http://blog.bookcountry.com/new-to-the-book-country-workshop-start-here/ - this will answer a lot of questions you may have about the community!

http://blog.bookcountry.com/fill-book-country-profile/ - just some info on how to fill out your profile

http://www.bookcountry.com/Publish/HowItWorks/Videos/WritingPeerReviews.aspx - a video that will answer some questions about the peer review process

Cheers!

Nevena

Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2015 4:47 PM

Jamie Lynn Boothe wrote:
A friend told me about the site so I thought I would check it out. 

Glad you came and I can't wait to see your short!

Jamie Lynn Boothe
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2015 4:48 PM

Hi Amber and Nevena and thank you both very much, I really appreciate it. I posted my first book on here for peer review about half an hour ago. Hopefully someone will take interest in it. Yes I want to make some friends and I hope being here will be very beneficial to my career. Again, thank you!!
DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2015 7:18 PM

Hello! Welcome!  Nice to have a new face on the boards.  This is a friendly and supportive group. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Looking forward to reading your story.

Jamie Lynn Boothe
Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2015 8:26 PM

Thank you I appreciate that and I hope you enjoy what I have written. It's five short stories that hopefully will touch your heart and maybe shed a tear or two
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 3:14 PM

Welcome, Jamie, and thank you for the connection request! Please let me know if you need help as you are looking around the site!
Jamie Lynn Boothe
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:29 AM

Thank you Lucy I will certainly do that. I am only a little curious at the moment on how to get people interested in reviewing my book. I hope to get some feedback on it. happy

Jump to different Forum...