RSS Feed Print
Article to be Featured
Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 11:15 PM

Wanted all of you to know that I have not fallen off the Earth. I've been unplugged while dealing with an illness and death in the family, but-- and this is a big BUT-- I also managed to send off an article to The National Fibromyalgia Association and the article will be featured in The FM Aware magazine in August! YAY!!!

I'll be talking about my favorite subject, intimacy. LOL! 

In case any of you are interested in finding more out about the association or the magazine, I'll provide the link below:

http://www.fmaware.org/community/the-new-fm-aware-magazine/

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:33 PM

Sorry about your loss, Amanda. I'm glad you've been able to keep chugging, despite the difficulty.

I need to get into that mindset . . .

Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:57 AM

It's not always easy to get into that mind set. There were many days when I felt like I should throw in the towel, especially because my care-taking situation (until now) had not changed in 15 years. My husband and I have been taking care of both my grandparents and my mom for that amount of time-- and that's actually how long we have been married!

Our unit has changed drastically these past few weeks and it will take time to get used to. The thing is, I never gave up on writing. I always jotted down something no matter how big or small the project. I knew my situation would one day change. Life situations are never a constant-- something always winds up changing. I'm a pretty stubborn gal, too, and I wasn't going to let a setback--or 300-- keep me from doing what I love. 

We all have lives outside of writing and that life is what makes our writing rich with color and passion. Always remember that life is tough, but you are tougher and can continue to write despite what is going on around you. And even if you have to put the pen and paper down for a bit-- so what? You can always go back to it at a later time with a fresh set of eyes. Never, ever feel guilty that you needed to take a break. Writing is hard work! And with any hard work, sometimes you need a vacation.

--edited by Amanda Kimberley on 7/1/2015, 9:02 AM--

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 12:00 PM

Thanks for that, Amanda. I won't feel guilty. I'm hoping today I can eke out some more words in Destiny's Bond. We'll see.

Amber

Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 6:33 PM

biggrin

Jump to different Forum...