RSS Feed Print
Website in the works. (A Small Orange.)
Mimi Speike
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 11:43 PM

I’ve hardly gotten into Weebly yet. I’ve had problem after problem with registration and navigation. Thank God their customer service is great. Call, you get a live person immediately, no wait. Unbelievable, right?

I’ve finally accessed the templates, and I’m doodling thumbnails of what I’d like to create. I’ve written copy for my front page:

Who is this clown?

Who-what-why is this guy, Sly?

Bit by bit and by and by I’ll draw you in.

Cripe! I’ll sure try, with every trick I can conceive

to get you, somewhat, to believe in Sly,

a big-mouth ball of sass, a sharp, a slick and, yes, an ass,

whose machinations may beguile a screwball sort.

Perhaps. A while.

And here are headlines for additional pages, with the drift of text to come:

Meet and Greet. (Who is this critter? What’s his story/problem/excuse?)

A long and winding road.  (Where’s he going?)

Now, the bad news.  (An intricate, elaborate tale.)

Wait, there’s more.  (Paper dolls, a children’s book.)

Check back, eh?  (I’ll be discussing future plans as they come to me. And they come to me all the time.)

Hey, you. Doing what you’re told? Getting poor, getting old? Repeat after me: Screw this shit. (A portrait of the artist as an over-the-hill hippie.)

--edited by Mimi Speike on 5/14/2015, 11:56 AM--

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 8:53 AM
Sounds cool, Mimi
Mimi Speike
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:34 AM

Thanks, Amber. This is going to be a real learning experience for me. I wonder if I can manage to make my own little mouse-head emojis?

I see yours isn't moving up there. Don't they usually move? That's what I want, mice that make yuk faces.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 5/14/2015, 11:36 AM--

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:43 PM
Some emojis move. Book Country's doesn't.
Mimi Speike
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 12:59 AM

What I did on my pre-summer vacation.

I’ve drawn out ideas for three pages, and I’ve written some fun copy for them. I have a lot of scanning to do, and some work in Photoshop. My second page, ‘Meet My Goofballs’, will be a patchwork of squares, scanned head shots out of my art history books, of Elizabeth, Dudley, Dee, etc, also vintage cat art, design elements, and some original art. I’ll have a line or two about each character.

When I get the intro page and the Goofballs page ready, I’ll activate the site, then add pages as I create them.

The novella still needs a lot of work. I’m adding new scenes, and writing others out. I’ll probably dump the conversation dealing with Golden Showers. That may be a bit much. Hell, it’s all a bit much. 

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 12:10 PM
Hey, Mimi. Did you get the last PM I sent you? I ask because I didn't get a reply.

Jump to different Forum...