RSS Feed Print
help? RE 'how to' with book country
Lucy Basey
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 7:45 AM

Hi all, I'm new and have had a lovely review from a member. However, she has noticed some minor grammatical errors and I'd like to put some edits in. Is it possible to do this with a work that's online, without losing her review and without having to go through uploading all over again?

Many thanks

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 6:12 PM

Hi, Lucy. I'm glad you liked my review

You don't have to worry about losing a review from a member so long as you don't delete your manuscript from the site. As for editing without re-uploading . . . I'm not entirely certain if that's possible. I think you do need to post a new draft with the changes, like this:

Go to 'My Dashboard'

Click 'edit' beside your manuscript's title. This'll take you to the Online Editor.

Beside the manuscript box, you'll see the box that you use to choose what items you'd like focused on in a review: Plot, Characterization, etc. You'll also see an icon that says, upload/download. Click it to expand into the upload/download category.

Click upload, and it'll bring up a message asking you to choose the draft you want uploaded--You'll have to find your manuscript on your computer to upload the newest updated draft. Once you've done so, upload it--You'll have to reset the chapters, but it won't delete the reviews you've gotten.

Hope that helps. Someone more tech-savvy than me might be more help.

Amber

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annnd I just saw you've already uploaded a new draft. I'm a bit late in answering. Darn.

--edited by Amber Wolfe on 4/27/2015, 6:18 PM--

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:16 PM

Hey, Amber, thank you so much for helping out a new member!

Lucy, if you run into any other questions, add them on this discussion board or email support@BookCountry.com.

Thanks and welcome!

Lucy Basey
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2015 3:55 PM

Thank you, both!

Jump to different Forum...