RSS Feed Print
Erotica
Teya
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 10:50 AM

Hi all, I'm still fairly new to Book Country and still learning how it works.

I have written an erotic novel and like everyone, I presume, would like some constructive feedback. I would like to start reviewing the work of others, but I don't want to cause concerns over whether someone would prefer not to review erotica.

If you would like me to review your work, and are happy to read mine, please let me know.

Teya

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:06 PM

Hi, Teya

I'll check out your WIP for you. If you'd review mine in return, that'd be great--though I'll review yours even if you decide mine isn't a story you'd enjoy.

Here's the link to my manuscript, in case you're interested: http://www.bookcountry.com/Bookdetail.aspx?BookId=7289 (Sorry it's not in clickable format. My internet's dial-up and won't let me use the Hyperlink Manger)

It's a Traditional Fantasy novel with a strong foot dipped into Dark Fantasy, titled Destiny's Bond, and the chapters I have up are fairly 'polished', though they're susceptible to revision since I'm still a fairly new writer. You don't have to feel obligated to read the entire manuscript since it's pretty long, and getting longer by the day--some thoughts on the first couple chapters will do. However, I am seeking opinion on the chapters after Ten, since I've not received much feedback on them yet--I've got a ton on the first ten to thirteen chapters, but not much after. I could use some thoughts on those chapters to see if they work.

Specifically, I'm seeking opinion on Plot, Characterization, Voice, Entertainment Value, etc.

Remember, even if you decide not to review my manuscript, I'll review yours--You might not be into Fantasy, after all, and that's okay. Just thought I'd go on a limb

Please be patient with me. I have one other manuscript I've been meaning to review--it's only 2,000 words, so it shouldn't take me long to finish that review. Once I have, I'll immediately put my focus on your novel. Hopefully I'll finish the review for you by the end of next week--or sooner, depending on how my computer's crappy internet's deciding to act.

Fellow Newbie Writer, Amber

Teya
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:56 PM

Hi Amber, thank you for replying, and for the offer to trade reads. I have had a quick look at your work, and will be reading on. I have set the book to following, and will leave you a review soon.

Thanks again

Teya

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 6:27 PM

You're most welcome, Teya.

Internet willing, I'll have the other review finished in a day's time, then I'll begin on yours.

Happy Writing!

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:21 PM

Hi Teya!

Welcome to Book Country!

You can connect with other erotica writers to trade reviews here--I think a post on that board is more likely to find its way to interested folks.

Let me know if you need any help with anything!

Lucy

Jump to different Forum...