RSS Feed Print
MY BOOK SOLD!!!
Rachel Anne Marks
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:29 AM

I'm so thankful for the feedback and amazing support I've gotten around here over the last few years! And now I can finally say it…

I SOLD MY BOOK!!!!

Or more aptly, my agent sold my book…lol. She sold DARKNESS BRUTAL in a three-book deal and I am floored. 

The deal was sealed around my birthday in November and then I was tossed straight into editing. And editing. And more editing. All over the holiday break. Now to write the next two books, but in the mean time DARKNESS BRUTAL is already (yikes) up for Pre-Order! O.o It's all happening so fast I can hardly believe it!!! The book is set to be released on June 23rd this summer (2015). And the sequel will be released six months later. 

I've already done some artwork for it for fun for my website, even though the cover still needs to be done. 

So, the moral of this story is: DON'T GIVE UP! If my ten year journey crossing over four moves, a year of chemo, seven manuscripts, and three agents doesn't prove it's all just tenacity then I don't know what will…lol. Keep the butt in the chair and the head full of hope.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:12 PM

Rachel!!! This is such fabulous news--I am thrilled for you!!! And the website looks incredible--did you do that yourself?

I really hope you will keep us updated on how everything comes together. This is so exciting!

For those in the BC community that don't know Rachel yet, check out her Member Spotlight from a while back.

I saw you updated DARKNESS BRUTAL with a new draft--so excited to check it out!!

--edited by Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager on 1/27/2015, 12:14 PM--

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:46 PM
Wow, Rachel. That's so cool! Congratulations
Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:07 PM

Congratulations, Rachel! Amazing story.
Atthys Gage
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:24 AM

Well done, Rachel. And congratulations.
Dan Martin
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:44 PM

Congrats, Rachel!  That's fantastic news.
Sherrie Petersen
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 7:30 PM

Omigosh, Rachel – I can't believe I'm just now seeing this! Congratulations!! I can still remember listening to you read a chapter from one of your stories at that SCBWI conference so many years ago. I'm beyond thrilled that your books are going to be out in the world. YAY!!!

--edited by Sherrie Petersen on 4/24/2015, 7:30 PM--

Rachel Anne Marks
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:11 PM

Thanks so much, everyone!!! It's been one crazy road, I'll tell you. And now I'm pounding out book two and crossing my fingers as we get closer to launch on July 1st. *bites nails*
Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 9:44 AM

Congrats!!! That is awesome! Hope your fingers fly through book two with ease!

Jump to different Forum...