RSS Feed Print
Why, hello!
Delwyn
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:15 PM

I've been advised to introduce myself, as I am relatively new here at Book country! I am an Australian living in the U.S., my articles have been

published in Llewellyn's almanacs and I've completed my first novel - "Delwyn of the Realms". It was a major achievement for me, as it's the first novel I have ever finished! I am now six chapters into the sequel and loving the ease of it! Last year was a hard slog, but I achieved my goal, without realizing it! On 12/27/14, when it was done, I thought to myself "Wow! I

actually did it!" Now I am waiting to hear back from a couple of agents and might shoot off a couple more query letters on the weekend. 

It's great to be here, mingling with people who understand the struggle! I look forward to connecting with more of you so we

can share the wonderful experience of writing and grow our "hive mind"! 

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:38 PM

Hi, Delwyn. Welcome to Book Country!

That's so cool you finished your first novel. That must be a wonderful feeling. I'm certain you'll find the members here are all people who want to see each other succeed.

I'm sending you a Connection Request, so we can be friends I'll take a look at the WIP you have up, though it'll take me a while to review, as I've promised two others I'd review their work, as well.

Me, I'm working on my first novel right now. It's an Epic Fantasy titled Destiny's Bond, and I'm having a great time with it. So far the reviews on Book Country have helped me to be a better writer, so I'm positive you'll find some helpful friends here.

Keep Writing!

Amber

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 10:36 AM

Glad to see you on the message boards, Delwyn!

Jump to different Forum...