RSS Feed Print
Second Draft of Thomas Moody
ChuckB
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:57 PM

is up for review (I think). I've made numerous changes and added several thousand words. It now comes in at just over 60K. 

The genre would be paranormal/supernatural crime. A serial killer is preying on prostitutes in Albuquerque NM. Private detective Frank Cirilli is hired by the parents of one of the victims to investigate the girl's murder. He soon comes to realize that he is searching for a killer who has been dead for thirty years, and the killer is now hunting Frank and his associates.

ChuckB
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:44 PM

Just an addition. I've added a new cover which I think is great, courtesy of forum member yellowcakes.

A big thank you from me to yellowcakes. I was unaware that he was designing it.

Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:06 PM

Wow, that's an intense cover! That's really nice of Yellowcake.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:47 PM

Hi Chuck--that's a great cover! So cool how you guys worked together on this. Love that team spirit!
ChuckB
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:50 PM

Actually, Lucy, I had no idea he was doing it. He PM'd me to expect a surprise in my email. I thought it was something reference his book. The cover was a total surprise to me.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:52 PM

Wow! What a nice surprise!!

Mimi Speike
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:09 PM

Yellowcake did a fine job with that cover. I'd love to see more of his work.
Yellowcake
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:50 PM

Pleasure Chuck ... Glad to be of service

thanks for the Kind words guys, I've been a bit one eyed lately working on my own projects, so thought it best to give something back. Since my literary skills are ... ahem ... limited at best, I thought better to push pixels - a format that I'm more confident in playing around with.

It was only just recently that I learnt that Prose meant writing, and not ladies wearing short skirt with questionable morels.

Cheers

AL

ChuckB
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 8:13 PM

I took a couple of weeks away from Moody. Part of that was to learn the new software I got - Scrivener - and part to separate myself from the story for awhile. I'm back at it now, moving chapters into Scrivener and breaking those that need it into scenes, and making various suggested changes here and there. 

I think, if I can figure out how to put it all back together, the changes will be modest. With luck, again if I can get all the chapters put together and back into Word, I should have the latest draft of Thomas Moody up in a couple of weeks. Until then, I'll leave the current in place.

Jump to different Forum...