RSS Feed Print
Pride & Purgatory finaled in the On the Far Side contest!
NoellePierce
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:24 AM

The Fantasy, Futuristic, and Paranormal Chapter of RWA just announced their unpublished contest finalists, and my urban fantasy, Pride & Purgatory is one of the top three! I'm so excited. Thank you to everyone on Book Country who helped workshop this story with me! Couldn't have done it without you!

x♥x

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:04 PM

Noelle, that is fantastic news! Congratulations!

Tell us more about what happens next for you!

Lucy

NoellePierce
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:55 AM

It's on the desk of Melissa Singer at Tor, and she'll decide on a winner--announced August 4th. I also entered the Maggie contest (Ga Romance Writers' annual contest), and I'll hear whether I final there mid-August. 

In the meantime, I'm working hard to revise the back end of the story so I can start querying. 

*still happy dancing*

NoellePierce
Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:21 PM

So, I have updates! *happy dancing...still*

I got second place in the On The Far Side contest, and got some great feedback from Melissa Singer.

I also just learned yesterday that PURGATORY also finaled in the Maggie Award contest! Now it's going to Lauren McKenna at Pocket Books. 

The awards banquet is actually at my home chapter's conference, this October. So, not only will I be stressing over how smoothly the conference runs (I'm the chair this year and next), but also worrying about how PURGATORY fares in the Maggies. Bring it on, October!

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:46 PM

That's really wonderful news, Noelle! Congratulations, and I am so glad you shared!

Jump to different Forum...