RSS Feed Print
Best agents for historical fiction?
Ian Nathaniel Cohen
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 8:37 PM

Can any historical fiction writers around here who are fortunate to have agents recommend any particular agents who specialize in historical fiction (particularly adventure fiction)?  It's not that I can't find any - thanks to the website Agent Query, I've identified a bunch.  However, looking at the websites and interviews for the ones I've come across, they don't seem to be all that interested in historical adventure fiction, but rather dramas and romances.

Any suggestions on narrowing the search down, or even specific agents who might be interested in this sub-genre of historical fiction?

Thanks!

Jay Greenstein
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:39 PM

Do a search here:

http://www.agentquery.com/

Ian Nathaniel Cohen
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:59 PM

Thanks, Jay.

As I mentioned in my original post, I've been using Agent Query to identify a large number of agents who specialize in historical fiction.  I may not have been clear that most of the ones I've looked into (after finding them on Agent Query) don't seem to be looking specifically for historical adventure fiction, based on the kinds of historical fiction they represent.  Google hasn't been all that helpful either.

Is swashbuckler fiction just not in right now?  I don't see a lot of new books in this genre on the shelves.

Hope that clears up my original inquiry.

--edited by Ian Nathaniel Cohen on 3/26/2014, 1:01 PM--

Jump to different Forum...