RSS Feed Print
Need Advice
Ayuda Mei Amoir
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:04 AM

Hi guys, need some advice on my work in progress' title as it stands i am using the two keys characters as a stand-in title until i can think of a better one. I was thinking how my fellow writers feel about using character names in titles: good or bad. Also the work in progress is what i call an Epic Romantic Fantasy so does it belong in Fantasy or romance as the central theme is love but the whole story and setting are fantasy based, again i turn to my fellow writers for the collective advice in this matter.
Jay Greenstein
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:29 PM

Don't worry too much about the title, the publisher has the final say on that because they know what their customers respond to.

As for using two character names as the title it seems less than memorable. To give you some idea of what's popular today visit Amazon, and do a search on your genre, the see what type titles are popular today.

If it's a romance the action centers around that romance. If the story is more the focus then it's a fantasy.

Ayuda Mei Amoir
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:46 PM

Thanks for the Advice Jay, also i'll add that the setting is drawn from a more Roman Style of the world for the Male Character as for the Female Character i was thinking more Amazon of Greek and Roman Mythology. for the fantasy side of things i look to Tolkien for ideas as well as other fantasy novels, movies and Games.

Hope that helps to lock in on what i attempting to write

Jump to different Forum...