RSS Feed Print
Edit Minion- copy editing tool
Selina Fenech
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:39 AM

Here's a fun tool someone posted to on twitter a while ago. Still in Beta, Edit Minion takes a chunk of your text, and highlights out lots of common writing errors for you- things like commonly misspelled words, adverbs, replacements for said, repeated words, passive and cliche words and phrases. 

Keep in mind when using it that what it's really doing is just a slightly clever word search, so it's not always getting things right, but it's still neat and can show you things you might not pick up otherwise.

Here's the link- http://editminion.com/

Michelle L Ross
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:05 PM

Just tried it out. Thanks for posting this. One of the things I like is that it does not correct problems for you, but highlights them so that you, as the writer, can see if it is something that really does need to be fixed. It also helps show you where your weaknesses are. Excellent resource!
Selina Fenech
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 5:13 AM

I'm hoping that since it's still in Beta, they will make it even "smarter" over time, in which case it could really turn into a great asset for writers.
Charles Shell
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:44 PM

Thanks!  Handy little gizmo.  I'd just be careful in taking it too literally.
GEWthegermanic
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:20 PM

Unfortunately it's in Christmas mode so I'll have to come back to it later, but thanks anyways.

Jump to different Forum...