RSS Feed Print
Say whaaat?....what the-?...where'd that come from?
Luna Watson
Posted: Monday, April 1, 2013 8:20 AM

When I have writers block or when I've been away from my writting for a while I like to go back a couple paragraphs to a maybe even a couple pages to kinda get back into the story so I can automaticly go write back into writing once I finsih reading through a particular section.

But on countless occassions as I look back and wonder "where did that come from?" or I don't even remember ever writing that particular part. I literally have to sit there and think about where was my frame of mind at that point and time?
    Has anyone else noticed they do this or is it just me?
Brandi Larsen
Posted: Monday, April 1, 2013 9:58 AM

You're not alone. I do that too. Especially when it's going well.

My husband is an improviser and he tells me that when a scene is going really well, he can't remember what it was about when he leaves the stage. Maybe it's the sign of being "in the zone" as an artist?

When you're reading back the part that you don't remember, are you happy with what's on the page? Do you think it's good?

Luna Watson
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:59 AM

Yes there are times where I go "WOW, that was clever." While there has been other times where I'm like "WOW, that was stupid." Lol. But yes I think it is because I am just "in the zone" Either I miss the extremly simple things or I am creating the best parts of my scene or chapter or even the whole book!
DJS
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 7:56 AM
Luna: Hardly any of us knows the writer lurking in the quick of our beings. The best writing erupts from the subconscious mind, where dreams and reality intermingle. Most conscious writing is similar to Elvis and tiger paintings on black velvet. While writing we are constantly being surprised by what suddenly materializes in that mysterious matrix of our inner selves. None of us is able to play God with our characters. Once firmly created, our characters have minds of their own and will wantonly thumb their noses at our precious plots..

Jump to different Forum...