RSS Feed Print
Editing with Scrivener
RJBlain
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 1:46 PM

Since I was editing anyway, I put together a post on how I use scrivener to edit on my blog. I thought this might be of use to some of you.

For those of you who edit with scrivener, how does your method compare? I'd be curious to find out what others do.

http://rebeccablain.com/2011/12/16/on-editing-with-scrivener/

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 10:40 PM

Bumping this up.

DawnEmbers
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:15 AM

I will have to check out your method. I'm still learning how to use scrivener and need to do that tutorial thing some day. Right now my method is this:

I have the main draft as one folder, I haver another folder with the the novel again but highlighted and with notes of places to change. My highlights cover things like passive voice, weak words, preposition endings, words used too often like "felt" and "feel" and such. The notes can be anything from develop idea about distancing from father, to change characters name so it doesn't start with M). Then in the next folder I have the next draft ready to go where I will make the changes.

Not the best method. The notes and highlights took hours per chapter just to figure out and I haven't changed a single thing yet. So much work to do still. But that's how I have attempted my first novel edit.

Jump to different Forum...