RSS Feed Print
Paranormal Romance Swap/Review? Would like a female perspective...
Michee
Posted: Friday, March 8, 2013 7:05 PM

Hi there,

I'd like someone to do a full length novel review/ chapter swap with.  I've had great reviewers that I can't thank enough for the feedback they've given me, but they have been of the male persuasion (not that there's anything wrong with that).  I would just like a female's feedback/perspective on my book, and am more than willing to provide the same.  I'm at novel length (80,000+ words) and would like to swap with someone who's working at about the same length, just for fairness regarding time, effort, etc.  
If you might be interested please let me know.  I put my best efforts into reviews, ranging from grammar to spelling to plot and viewpoint to everything in between.

Thank you!
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:29 PM

Bumping this up higher so others can see it. Also, you may want to cross-post this to the Introduce Yourself thread, too! =)

Michee
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:45 PM

Thank you, Colleen, I'll put up my request in the section you suggested as well.

Kathleen Shaputis
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 9:50 AM

Michee, I would love to do a review swap. My paranormal romance manuscript is complete, so if you want to do a full novel swap, I'm up for it. Let me know!

Michee
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 1:56 PM

Hi Kathleen, 

Thank you for the response.  I am definitely up for it.  We can do it a few different ways.  Do you have plans to post the rest of yours on Book Country?  The majority of mine is already up and the final chapter will be soon.  So, we can do it traditionally over Book Country if you're willing to post your manuscript, or we can do an email exchange (which I've done before and find works quite well also). 

If you have no objection I wouldn't mind exchanging email addresses regardless of the method you choose to exchange, as I'd prefer general correspondence regarding questions, information, etc. that way instead of on a public forum. 

Thanks again, please share your thoughts,
Michee

Kathleen Shaputis
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 9:12 PM

Email would probably work best for me! No, I hadn't thought of putting the whole novel up for review. Have you found that helpful? I'm still feeling my way around the site. lol

I'm ready when you are!
Kathleen
Michee
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 10:16 PM

Hi Kathleen,

Regarding if I've found it helpful to put up my entire work, I don't really have a great answer for that yet.  I've been hoping for a full review because I think others will be effective in helping me catch weak spots or inconsistencies in my work, but haven't had a full one completed yet on Book Country.  The reviews that have been almost fully completed on my book have been exchanged by email after I've made the connections on here, much like we're going to do.

For myself I can say that if I've done reviews directly on Book Country, I make sure that I read every word the person has posted.  I just don't think a review can be complete unless the entire posted work is read.  A really good story can be hurt by a multitude of things throughout, and if I haven't read it all then I wouldn't feel like I've given the writer what they deserve in a review.  That is completely personal preference there.  If I run across something I truly can't read, I just move on.  So, there's my convoluted answer.  I haven't had all of mine read (it is really long in comparison to most), but I read all of other people's if I'm reviewing.

Anyways, email works just fine for me.  My email is micheehiscox@live.ca, and if you email me I'll send you the first half of my book to start with if you'd like to do the same.  While I'm reading yours I will also tweak my second half, and then send you the rest when we've both made it that far.  If that all sounds good to you just drop me an email, and I'll be happy to get started as well.  

Thanks so much once again, I wasn't really sure I'd get any response and am really glad I did.  

Talk to you soon,
Michee

Kathleen Shaputis
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:54 PM

Hello! I just sent off an email to you. But I'll list my email here, too, it is shaputis@gmail.com and I'm going through deja vu. I hate when this happens, doing something I've dreamt weeks ago. Mainly because I can never remember what else happened in the dream when I hit these little pockets of reruns. lol

Kathleen

Jump to different Forum...