RSS Feed Print
Poached from NaNoWriMo - THE CHARACTER GRAVEYARD
SusanElizabeth
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2011 1:20 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year? The forums have a really awesome thread called the "Character Graveyard." Basically, everyone posts obits for the characters that die during their story.

Here's mine:

Danielle Harris Mitchell, loving mother and daughter. Only 28 and still radiating with beauty. Innocent. Ripped from our town too soon by the monster Caleb Mitchell. We hear the judge is pushing for the chair.

Who's next?

RJBlain
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:29 PM

This is always a great thread during NaNo -- Last year, I participated. This year, if I participated, I'd write my whole NaNo as character obituaries :3

That might be an interesting way to write a book.. a collection of obituaries that tell a mystery... might have to try that next year.
SusanElizabeth
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 1:38 AM

That sounds like an awesome idea! Post in on here when you're done

Have you checked out The Nineteen (by Book-Countrier Eddie Blanche)? It's a short story made up vignettes that tell of nineteen deaths that occurred.
Danielle Bowers
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:37 PM

Here's mine

Mitchell Young- Age 35
Not quite so dearly departed but his mother loved him a little. Died either by trying to swallow a microphone stand or by having the microphone stand thrust down his throat.  Police are investigating. 

M Romero Nunn
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 8:06 PM

Alright. In for a penny, in for a pound as me Blighty mates say:

Greg Shaw: 44
Local businessman and Potato King taken from his successful life on 21st March. Longtime husband to Sylvia Shaw and a lover of beauty - mostly of the female persuasion - he was often quoted as saying: "Them gorgeous birds'll be the death of me one of these days" followed by "but what a way to go, eh?" While he may not have been implying his admiration of the winged variety he very nearly did go at the end of the sharp bits owned by two crows mysteriously locked into his car.  All the more poignant then that his demise came a few days later, brought on by a multitude of wasp stings while lying in his hospital bed.  An investigation is underway on both airbourne attacks.

Jump to different Forum...